Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Being Responsible

Today I had to go and do adult stuff. Whoa whoa now... not that kind of adult stuff! Come on now people geez! I actually had to go out to the courthouse and pay my personal property taxes on my car plus go and get a new sticker for my license plate. Fun...
Well, it all started off fine. I left work around 9:45 or so this morning and headed out to the good ole Wayne County courthouse to give them all my money. I get there, put money in the parking meter (no way I was going to get a ticket. I already had one for the dead sticker.), and went inside. I paid my taxes, got my paper, and headed over to the taxes office to get my other paper. It was, much to my surprise, quite a bit less than I had expected. Score! Then, proud of my grown up accomplishments I head out to go take care of that stupid ticket I got yesterday for my dead sticker. I get all of 4 blocks away from where I pay my ticket and realize something. I paid my taxes, but didn't get my new sticker! I didn't get my sticker? I DIDN'T GET MY STICKER!! This is where I pound my fist on the steering wheel and mumble I don't even know how many profanities. Instead of turning back around and going back out to the courthouse, I decide since I'm already in Huntington I'll go tot he DMV. Yes, that's right. The DMV. Drats! I get there, wait forever, get my ticket, wait some more, and then finally get my sticker! YAY! Then I go on my not so merry way to get rid of that stupid ticket. I go in, show my new sticker and papers, don't have to pay the $50 fine (score!) and head back out very pleased with myself for being oh so responsible. And what do I see on the windshield when I get to my car? ANOTHER FREAKING TICKET!! Are you flippin kidding me?! Now, if I had just skipped paying the meter when I went inside to pay for my ticket, I would've been mad at getting a parking ticket but not too much. However, I not only paid my meter before I went inside. I paid for the one behind me. I did this because I am an idiot and couldn't figure out which one went to my parking spot. So, to be safe I paid both. I had one hour and 43 minutes on my meter, and an hour on the one behind me. How in the frick did I get a ticket then!? Urgh! Most people would go inside and at least mention it to the pay-your-tickets-here lady. But she was so nice about the previous ticket that I just said forget it (in more or less words) and decided to just pay the $5. Much better than the $50 ticket the nice woman got me out of. So that was my morning of being an adult. Like I said, fun!
Now, onto the craftiness!
Sunday I worked on a Garden Girl Dishcloth for my aunt.

It's made from Lily Sugar n Cream yarn. I worked on it off and on for oh about 4 or 5 hours.

Needless to say, my hands hated me afterward. Currently I'm still working on the Tiramisu Baby Blanket and contemplating casting on this hat for my sister. She's been begging me for a hat with earflaps. My hesitation? I've never knitted a hat. Only crocheted one. Yes, I have come down with starteritis. Ohhh help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment